Yesterday brought the unwelcome news that in the UK we are to be in lockdown for another three weeks, if not longer. It’s necessary to keep everyone safe, but it is a bitter pill to swallow.
But then we’ve already done four weeks, so what is another three… right? Personally I’m enjoying my free time, but I’m not enjoying missing my family and not being able to cuddle my dogs. I know I’m not the only one though, and I am grateful that we’re all in this together.
I am also grateful for many things. This week I wrote a new gratitude list and I will continue to do this weekly. You can read this here.
Today I’d like to list some things I am looking forward to once the lockdown is over.
- Giving my mum a big hug. We are really close and I miss her so much.
- Cuddling my dogs and playing fetch with Harley until he gets sick of playing fetch.
- Seeing my brother.
- Eating at my favourite Italian restaurant. I need to eat all of the calamari.
- Walks on the beach with my dogs and coffee overlooking the coast.
- Having lunch with my Grandma.
- Drinks with my friends.
- Open mic/ buskers nights.
- Seeing my dad, step-mum and my step-brother.
- Sitting in the garden and having a BBQ.
- Having a wake for my step-mum’s mother. She sadly died of coronavirus and I wasn’t able to go to the funeral.
- Getting my morning coffee on my way into work.
- Eating a Gregg’s steak bake.
- I’m actually looking forward to going into work and seeing my work colleagues.
- Going for cocktails after work.
- Finishing off my course.
- Making travel plans for the future.
- Going to Hotpod yoga.
Daydreaming about all of these things, has given my hope that the future is bright and all of these things are so important to me that they are worth the wait.
What are you looking forward to? Or maybe the lockdown has been lifted in your country. Tell me what the first thing is that you will do.